Sunday, September 14, 2008

We have power

Thank goodness our electricity is back on, but most of our neighbors are not so lucky. I cannot believe the damage here in my neighborhood from Ike. At least 5 houses (1 completely destroyed) had trees blown on (in) them and countless trees blown down and over streets. The house that was destroyed belongs to an elderly widow and she had just walked to the other end of the house. You could not even see her house under the tree. She was not hurt just shook up. That is just in our neighborhood. All over town has trees down on houses and streets. 6 of our school campuses have no power and SWEPCO says it might be Friday before they get it back up. From what I've seen on the local news stations, they haven't mentioned much about our city...oh that's right WE'RE NOT TYLER!!! Ok I have vented. LOL Hope everyone else is OK too.
I would post pics but I keep forgetting my camera when I go out.

3 comments:

Patti said...

Glad to hear that you are ok and that you have power again! My daughter in Nacogdoches is still without power and water and it may be days before they have any! My son in Texarkana doesnt have power either. Hopefully they will have it back on soon.

Tammie said...

Well I guess there is one good thing about living in the middle of nowhere. Not even Ike wanted to come here. All jokes aside my prayers and thoughts go out to those you have lost everything or those who are dealing without power and water.

Patti said...

Ashley's inlaws live about an hour away so they stayed with them last night and hopefully will tonight too. I wish they lived closer to me so they could stay here. We were lucky in MV! We never lost power.