Sunday, July 5, 2009

Antique Bedroom Furniture...


I got the little night stand at a garage sale. Painted it black.

This was my hope chest... not part of the set.








This was my husband's grandmother's furniture. My Mother in law (she was born on this bed) has had it for years. I have always loved it...well about a month ago she told my husband to come and get it! I could have died. I haven't had anything in that bedroom since my son got married last summer, so it was the perfect time. I am just getting started on decorating in here, I need to find more of this red floral fabric for pillows and things. I had it left over from my dining room, Hancocks doesn't carry it anymore, but it will come together. I'll post more pictures when I get it decorated.

6 comments:

Patti said...

how beautiful!! I love antique furniture. My Mom gave me my great grandmothers bed not long ago.

Barbara said...

Tracy, Hello fellow Texan, love the furniture.

PLEASE COME BY AND SAY HELLO TO AMY FOR HER BIRTHDAY. THIS WILL BE A HARD DAY FOR THE FAMILY AND THEY NEED OUR SUPPORT.

PURPLE GOAT LADY
BARBARA

Stacey said...

That bedroom is gorgeous and what perfect timing! I love the color of the walls and all the fabric too. :)

Brenda said...

I wish I had handed-down antiques! So pretty! As for the steel boot, I'm hoping it comes off in two weeks. HOT!
Brenda

Lisa said...

It looks beautiful! I have that same red fabric on my couch! We are Kindred Spirits! How sweet of your MIL! What a gorgeous family heirloom!

neilina said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

ModernFurnitureWarehouse.com is a one-stop shop when it comes to living room sets. You can find any furniture ranging from classic to contemporary designs from all over the world. If you are looking for sectional sofas, loveseats and sleeper sofas, they are all here.


Neilina

bedroom furniture