Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bargain Flowers

I had this arrangement for a long time...it had lemons and then grapes and a lot of olive leaves, but I needed some flowers for it and had been looking at Michaels and Hobby Lobby, but never found exactly what I wanted. Well a few weeks ago I went to a Garage sale and this young lady had a big bundle of flowers just tied together laying there (unmarked) I asked how much she wanted for them and she said make an offer...well I hate to do that...I might offend someone, ya know...so I kind of shrugged my shoulders like I don't know and she said how about two dollars. Well, I said Ok...inside I was having a party saying Oh yea!!!! Anyway I added the hydrangeas and little grassy things to the arrangement and this is what I came up with. I sure wish I had a before picture. Not too shabby for 2 bucks. Gotta love Garage Sales!!!

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks really pretty, Tracy! I love those silk hydrangeas. They come in some amazing colors now! And you know I love your blue and white.:)

Tootsie said...

oh you did a wonderful job! I did a similar thing about two weeks ago...it makes it more special when you don't just go to the store and pay a fortune!

Patti said...

very pretty! What a great deal you got!

Brenda said...

I've found some of my very best stuff at garage sales!
Brenda

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Tracy, what a great deal on the flowers!! Looks great! Thanks for your prayers. I'm sure things will be ok. I know Sherry will appreciate your nice compliment and thanks for complimenting me too! Much appreciated!! Kristen

Tammie said...

Looks good sister...another good deal.

~~kattz*cottage~~ said...

GREAT find Tracy! SO pretty & I love all your blue china displayed with it! Garage sales are THE BEST - they have decorated my whole house & don't know what I'd do without 'em!

Kathy

Stacey said...

Pretty! I always like arrangement that have flowers and spiky grassy pieces. It makes it much more natural looking.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Looks great! I think sammy is beautiful!! What kind is he?

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Tracy, it looks absolutely beautiful....wow, what a deal.

Barb ♥

Gracie said...

Not only did you get a great deal, you have made your bundel of flowers look really nice.
good job...like your blue candle sticks too.
Gracie

Barbara said...

Tracy, Great bargain,I love you blue and white dishes and your flowers are beautiful.

Barbara

Kristens Creations said...

Tracey, thank you so much for your continued prayers. I am going to believe everything is going to be fine. I am trusting in the Lord. Kristen